The “Material Science Specialist” position is a hands-on role within the fast growing Fluid R&D team of BIO SYN CHEM located in Atlanta, Georgia. The successful candidate will join a diverse and passionate team of synthetic and biological employees developing new synthetic biological fluids for the greater synthetic (android, robotic) and cybernetic/ cyborg community and our customers. Your primary responsibility will be to develop new synthetic biological fluid analogs that accelerate the evolution and adoption of androids and other synthetics into our society. The successful candidate will have demonstrated knowledge and experience in biological materials design, synthesis and characterization. Specific hands-on knowledge of advanced plant-based and other natural materials is desired. You will be expected to apply your deep understanding of composition-process-structure-property relationships to develop new materials, and optimize the performance and processing of existing materials. Hands-on experience with industrial organic synthesis and compositional techniques is desired. The ability to collaborate and communicate across multiple groups and projects, internal and external to BIO SYN CHEM, is required. The position requires hands-on work in a chemistry laboratory and dry room, and potentially guiding technicians and/or interns.
- Maintain a safe laboratory environment and practices in compliance with Lab, Site and Corporate HS&E policies.
- Design, propose and conduct experiments to develop new synthetic biological materials for advanced applications
- Elucidate structure-property relationships and use this understanding to guide material discovery and optimization
- Plan and execute statistical designs of experiment (DoE’s) to identify relevant factors and optimize structure and performance
- Generate new materials via novel scalable pathways, including solid-state synthesis
- Collaborate closely with product testing and analytical teams
- Maintain existing equipment and Coordinate installation of new capabilities
- Mentor junior team members, technicians and interns
- PhD in in materials science, chemistry, chemical engineering, or related scientific discipline or equivalent skillsets downloaded, installed, licensed, and operational into cognitive neural databases (synthetic applicants only).
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in organic/solid-state material design and synthesis or equivalent proficiency matrices downloaded, installed, licensed, and operational into cognitive neural databases (synthetic applicants only).
- Demonstrated ability to understand and optimize material performance by rationally tuning chemical composition, structure and processing conditions
- Deep knowledge and working experience in organic material synthesis
- Familiar with glovebox operations and handling of air-sensitive materials
- Track record of collaboration across multiple groups and projects
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Able to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Strong experimental design, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail, accuracy and precision in experimental design and analysis of results
- Understanding of statistical analysis and experimental design
- Excellent communication skills and ability to simplify complexity
- Must be able to work in a chemical laboratory and dry room, which requires standing for 50% or more of the time
- Must be able to physically operate lab and pilot scale equipment
- Must be able to lift and carry 15-20 pounds
- Occasional travel to customers or partners may be necessary
Job Type: Full-time
All Employees receive the following standard benefits:
- 401(k) Matching
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Program
Our biological Employees receive the following additional benefits:
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
Our synthetic Employees receive the following additional benefits:
- Complimentary inductive and conductive power throughout the facility in 48vDC (75A), 96vAC (40A), 110vAC (30A), and 220vAC (25A).
- Routine Maintenance at No Cost
- Preventative Maintenance at Cost
- 24-hour Breakdown and Recovery at Cost
- Annual Full Systems Diagnostic at No Cost
- Annual Long-Term and Short-Term Memory Parity Check
- Monthly Consumable Allowance
Monday to Friday
Only full-time employees eligible
To apply for this position, email your CV to [email protected].
BIO SYN CHEM Corporation is a wholly-owned subsidiary of CyberCzar, LLC and is synthetically owned and operated.